On-site care teams including ACLS and PALS certified PACU nurses and paramedics.
You provide care. We provide everything else – from scheduling and logistics to pre-op and post-op care.
No nights, No on-call and no weekends
4+ days a week and you’ll be eligible for full benefits including 401K, health, dental and more.
SmileMD was Founded to Make Dental Anesthesia More Accessible
We help our dental professional colleagues increase patient care by providing safe and convenient in-office anesthesia.
Your Expertise is Valued!
Frequently Asked Questions
What does a typical case day look like?
- We utilize 3 rooms in the dental office (pre-op, OR, recovery room) – very similar to a hospital.
- Pre-op: Patient checks in, we check vitals, and go through all consent forms.
- OR: Mask induction first, then IV insertion, and nasal intubation. We administer medications and then the Dentist completes the procedure. Once the procedure is completed, we extubate and transfer the patient to the recovery room.
- Recovery: Our Registered Nurse and Anesthesiologist monitors and safely wakes the patient. The parent is brought back to PACU where we review post-care instructions, and complete discharge.
How are health histories submitted and reviewed?
- Dental offices submit patient’s health histories through our internal Updox online site. They are initially reviewed by our Care Navigator teams who are well trained in reviewing health histories. The Anesthesiologist has the opportunity for final review.
How are we different from other mobile service providers?
- We provide a full anesthesia care team that increases safety and aligns with AAPD-AAP Guidelines.
- We accept Medicaid patients, and we managed ¼ of all Pediatric Dentistry cases in OH in 2019.
- We are a hospital grade service in the office. We follow the same safety processes as hospitals.
Designed by MDs for MDs
Review and sign our contract and kick off credentialing process. Use your own malpractice insurance or we can provide it for you ($1M/$3M occurrence based).
Let us know your availability over the coming months (days per month, specific dates and locations you can visit), and we’ll work to find cases that meet your needs.
Get Scheduled with Us
When a case (or many) fits your needs, we’ll reach out via your preferred method (call, email, text) to share the details.
Work Your Case Days
Our dedicated Clinical Scheduler will work with you to share all details of your case day beforehand, including care team you’ll be working with, patient health history review, and any logistical info for case day. An Anesthesia Coordinator (paramedic) will bring in all meds & equipment, set up and transition the room, and collect paperwork at the end of the day.
Get Paid Fast!
You can work as a locum tenens 1099 provider or full-time with us (as we have lots of growing demand!), and either way, we’ll set up direct deposit to keep it simple and efficient. Full-time providers are paid bi-weekly and 1099 are paid within 14 days of completing a case day.
Full-Time Benefits for Part-Time
You Provide Exceptional Care.
REVIEW PATIENT’S HEALTH HISTORIES BEFORE CASE DAYS
SHOW UP 30M BEFORE YOUR FIRST CASE BEGINS
DELIVER HANDS-ON CARE TO APPRECIATIVE PATIENTS AND FAMILIES
RECIEVE GREAT COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
ENJOY A FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE. NO CALL NIGHTS OR HOLIDAYS + OPTIONAL WEEKENDS
We Provide Everything Else.
SCHEDULING, LOGISTICS, AND BILLING
ON-SITE CARE TEAM (PACU NURSE AND PARAMEDIC)
EQUIPMENT SET-UP AND MAINTENANCE
Ready to Work Differently
Find out if SmileMD would be a fit for you.