On-site care teams including ACLS and PALS certified PACU nurses and paramedics.
You provide care. We provide everything else – from scheduling and logistics to pre-op and post-op care.
We value work/life balance
Days usually start at 7 AM and end at 3 PM
No Weekends. No Evenings. No On Call
4+ days a week and you’ll be eligible for full benefits including 401K, health, dental and more.
SmileMD was Founded to Make Dental Anesthesia More Accessible
We help our dental professional colleagues increase patient care by providing safe and convenient in-office anesthesia.
Your Expertise is Valued!
Frequently Asked Questions
What does a typical day at SmileMD look like?
- We begin our day by setting up our PACU recovery room and filling out our patient charts that are on our schedule for the day and then it is time to go meet our first child.
- We spend a lot of time interacting with the child and using age-appropriate strategies to form trust and ease their anxiety. During Pre-op we obtain a thorough medical history from the guardian and do a head-to-toe assessment of the child to ensure there are no medical concerns to proceed with anesthesia, and finally we go over what to expect regarding the procedure and discharge instructions for when they return home.
- Once the procedure is completed the paramedic transports the child to PACU where the nurse monitors the recovery of our pediatric patient post sedation. We provide airway support and supplemental oxygen as needed, monitor vital signs, and support the child as they emerge from sleep. Once the child meets the criteria for discharge to home, we sanitize and turn over our recovery room and go pre-op our next child on the schedule.
What is unique about having a nursing career at SmileMD vs a traditional hospital setting?
- Having a career atSmileMD is unique from a traditional hospital setting in many ways. For one, it offers an amazing work/life balance that is hard to beat, as there are never any holidays or weekends to work, and most days are complete by 3 PM.
- Our nurse/patient ratio is always one to one nursing care compared to much higher ratios in other settings, so our patients always have our full, undivided attention!
What is your favorite thing about your job as a nurse at SmileMD?
- A common theme among all nurses at SmileMD is that they truly love what they do. It is very fulfilling knowing that we are making such an impact on families by providing the underserved with much needed accessible health care.
How many patients do you typically care for each day?
- Every case day is different depending on the dental office and how many children are on the schedule, however on a typical day we care for 5-7 children.
Designed by MDs for MDs
Review and sign our contract and kick off credentialing process. Use your own malpractice insurance or we can provide it for you ($1M/$3M occurrence based).
Let us know your availability over the coming months (days per month, specific dates and locations you can visit), and we’ll work to find cases that meet your needs.
Get Scheduled with Us
When a case (or many) fits your needs, we’ll reach out via your preferred method (call, email, text) to share the details.
Work Your Case Days
Our dedicated Clinical Scheduler will work with you to share all details of your case day beforehand, including care team you’ll be working with, patient health history review, and any logistical info for case day. An Anesthesia Coordinator (paramedic) will bring in all meds & equipment, set up and transition the room, and collect paperwork at the end of the day.
Get Paid Fast!
You can work as a locum tenens 1099 provider or full-time with us (as we have lots of growing demand!), and either way, we’ll set up direct deposit to keep it simple and efficient. Full-time providers are paid bi-weekly and 1099 are paid within 14 days of completing a case day.
Full-Time Benefits for Part-Time
You Provide Exceptional Care.
REVIEW PATIENT’S HEALTH HISTORIES BEFORE CASE DAYS
SHOW UP 30M BEFORE YOUR FIRST CASE BEGINS
DELIVER HANDS-ON CARE TO APPRECIATIVE PATIENTS AND FAMILIES
RECIEVE GREAT COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
ENJOY A FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE. NO CALL NIGHTS OR HOLIDAYS + OPTIONAL WEEKENDS
We Provide Everything Else.
SCHEDULING, LOGISTICS, AND BILLING
ON-SITE CARE TEAM (PACU NURSE AND PARAMEDIC)
EQUIPMENT SET-UP AND MAINTENANCE
How to Get Started
It’s as easy as one, two, three. Schedule a call with our provider experience team to start. We will learn more about you and your goals. From there, we will co-create a plan that is aligned to your preferences and give you an opportunity to shadow one of our case days. Then you’re ready to get started.
Get in Touch
Find a time that suits your schedule best and we will be ready for you.
Find Your Fit
Our team will create a plan aligned to your preferences and schedule a shadow day.
We will bring you through our fast-track credentialing process and build your schedule.
Want to Learn More?
Find out if SmileMD would be a fit for you.